Great thanks and appreciation goes to the following artists who were featured on PhanArt over September, October, November and December of 2013! With these donations, PhanArt and Friends raised more than $4,000 for the 2014 calendar year and over $18,000 since August 2009 for The Mockingbird Foundation. Immense gratitude goes to the dozens of artists and supportive patrons who made this possible. Through their incredible generosity and spreading their art on PhanArt, these donations to The Mockingbird Foundation will help to promote music education throughout the country.
Please give thanks and support the following artists featured on PhanArt this past fall who donated to The Mockingbird Foundation:
From the people of Band Shirt Archive, “We are excited to hit a big milestone here in a couple of days, one we couldn’t have done without the support of all our fans(literally). We’re more than doubled our fan base in the past six months, and sometime soon we’ll hit the 500 fan mark. To show our appreciation, we’re giving away a few of our limited edition Band Shirt Archive shirts.”
They are going to choose three lucky winners next week and announce in them in the same comment thread. Thanks again for supporting Band Shirt Archive and helping them support music education charity programs.
This is the first of 4 consecutive auctions we will be holding for Mockingbird. We are aiming to meet our goal of $3000 raised total by the end of the year, and ask fans to support us in reaching this goal.
1. Vincenzo Naro’s hand drawn and extremely detailed poster features the pipe organ from Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. The Devil is playing the organ below. This is entirely done in ink and pen by hand. The 12×16″ variants on 100lb. cover stock are $20.00 price includes shipping. Signed and numbered out of 200. A portion of the proceeds will go to Mockingbird.
2. Keith ‘Scramble’ Campbell made this artist proof design during the 12/31/95 Phish show at MSG in NYC. The drawing has the notation a/p for artist proof in the upper right hand corner with the artists signature and BE GOOD noted by the artist as well.
3. Caimen Ruff’s first poster featured The Palmetto and crescent moon are from the SC flag. The piece was created using prismacolor markers and pen on vellum and measures 11×17. There are 20 posters in this run and this is one of 3 remaining unsold.
4. MelanieJane Barnum’s fall tour print is done in watercolor and is from a limited edition of 9
5. Adam Miszewski’s first ever print celebrates the 10/29-31 run of shows in Atlantic City, NJ. This screen print is 11×17 and signed an d numbered. There are two versions of this poster: 80 orange/brown prints and 20 blue prints. This auction features the Orange/brown, not the blue one.
The Phamily Poker Classic is a No Limit Texas Hold-em event that is for the phans and taking place in Atlantic City in the afternoon of October 30th with the final table taking place in the afternoon of October 31st. The Phamily Poker Classic is a completely non profit event with a portion of the proceeds going to The Mockingbird Foundation and the rest to the prize pool along with other cool donated items. The Tropicana Hotel & Casino is being gracious enough to help us run this event and with their help, I know that this will be a great experience for all involved!
Every player in The Phamily Poker Classic will have an opportunity to win the Tournament Bad Beat Progressive Jackpot. As of 9/12 the jackpot is currently at $49,768. Full details and rules for the Tournament Bad Beat Jackpot can be found here.
Each table will have a bounty player. This player is playing for the benefit of The Mockingbird Foundation and a special prize will be given to the player who knocks a bounty player out of the tournament. If a bounty player knocks another bounty player out of the tournament, then the latter bounty player’s prize (or prizes) will be added to the former bounty player’s prize(s). In the off chance that a bounty player wins the Tournament, the prize(s) that that player has will be auctioned off following the final table. While you will win a non-cash prize if you bust out a bounty player, we anticipate that the number and quality of non-cash prizes you receive for doing so will depend on the stage at which you knock out that bounty player and what prize(s) are carried by that bounty player at the time of knockout.
Tournament tickets are $120 and are available for advanced purchase at Cardboard Spaceship. If there is a demand to expand the tournament; additional seats may be available. Do not count on purchasing tickets at the door as this event is likely to be sold out in advance at 100 players.
For further details about the tournament as well as rules and regulations click here.
Over the course of Summer Tour Leg 1, we ran into artists both new and familiar, young and old. Altogether through the 11 shows PhanArt went to, plus the 42′ and PhanArt Art of the Fans of Phish Poster show on 6/20, 19 prints and other random items were donated to us for future auctions for The Mockingbird Foundation! This was an unreal show of support, especially from artists and fans who make their money on tour selling these items.
Here is a list of who donated what. If you want to buy one, for a donation to The Mockingbird Foundation, contact Pete at phanart at gmail and make an offer on a print. They will go into bundles for auctions later this year, after Jones Beach.
Five pins from Central Part of Town Pins, A PH/SHpin from Noah Phence, and Posters from Franky Scaglione, Bruce Horan, and Branden Otto and Ed Wilson. Check out the gallery to see what the Phish community has generously donated to help raise funds for The Mockingbird Foundation.
To purchase a poster, make a donation of at least $20 to Mockingbird Foundation via www.mbird.org and forward your donation receipt to email@example.com and request one of the prints or pins below.
1. Andrew Abis Red rocks poster, signed and numbered, 72/185, measures 15 x 22
2. Steve Rogers Miami New Years print, signed and numbered 11/50, measures 11 x 17
3. Drew Suto Fall tour cover art for Surrender to the Flow phanzine #23 33/50, measures 11 x 17
4. (3) Phish 3D movie posters, from the live concert film, Phish 3D
These posters were donated by the artists for this auction, and all profits from the winning auction price (not including shipping and handling) will benefit Mockingbird Foundation for music education (www.mbird.org) All posters are in mint condition unless otherwise notes and will come rolled in the same tube. Shirt will ship separately with sticker.
This auction is sponsored by PhanArt Blog – www.phanart.net/blog – committed to archiving and compiling the art of the fans of Phish, both online and in the book PhanArt: The Art of the Fans of Phish.