Mockingbird Sessions will bring together a diverse group of artists and educators to commemorate 25 years of funding music education across America.
The live stream includes an impressive schedule of artists including never-before-seen combinations; a series of Masterclasses showcasing the artistic philosophies of various artists and instruments; video testimonials from past Mockingbird grantees; and more!
Artists (complete schedule is below) include:
- Ari Joshua * Dan Wilson * Delvon Lamarr Organ Trio * Dopapod
- APB ft. Andy Thorn (Leftover Salmon), Paul Murin + Brian F. Adams (Dead Phish Orchestra)
- Neighbor * Pete Pidgeon * phoffman (Greensky Bluegrass)
- Marco Benevento, Joe Russo, Christian McBride, & Mikaela Davis (a once-in-a-lifetime quartet!)
- Ryan Montbleau * Soule Monde * The Jauntee * The Sweet Lillies
- Twang is Dead w/ Arthur Lee Land & Friends, ft. Jeremy Garrett, Andy Hall (Infamous Stringdusters), Emma Rose, Lionel Young, Paul Murin (Dead Phish Orchestra)
- Yonder Mountain Trio (Adam Aijala, Ben Kaufmann, Nick Piccininni)
There will also be Master Classes, led by Dr. Stephanie Jenkins, including:
Bass: Reed Mathis, Karina Rykman, Chris Wood
Drums: Nikki Glaspie, Russ Lawton, Garrett Morris
Guitar: Nels Cline, Ari Joshua, Scott Metzger
Keys: Rob Barraco, Jonny Grusauskas
Tapers: Todd Ahrens, Eliot Byron, Parker Harrington, Craig Hillwig, Charlie Miller, & Bob Wagner, with Charlie Dirksen
The Mockingbird Foundation is an all-volunteer, fan-founded and -managed 501c3 supporting music education for children. It has been operated entirely by volunteer fans of the band, without any salaries or paid staff, since its inception in 1996. The Foundation is the leading provider of historical information about Phish and its music, having cultivated intellectual property through phish.net since 1994. Also a leading grantmaker in music education for children, the Foundation has now made 493 grants in all 50 states, totaling more than $1.8M. Funds for grants are generated through generous donations from a loyal base of fans, as well as through books, recordings, artwork, merchandise, and special events.