Screens ‘n’ Suds’ mission is to enhance appreciation for craft beer and art while raising money for charity. “Screens” as in screen printing—posters, t-shirts and the like ‘n’ “Suds” as in beer—malt, hops, yeast and water. Since 2009, Screens ‘n’ Suds activities have generated over $50,000 for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society and other charities through sales of beer-inspired art donated by artists from around the country, MS Walks, beer dinners, and events.
Saturday 11/3/2012 is the Screens ‘N’ Suds Big Event from 4pm-9pm at Gallery5
- No cover charge, suggested $5 donation. All ages, 21+ to drink.
- All proceeds from Screens ‘n’ Suds table sales and donations benefit MS Society and Gallery5.
- Tentative Brewery line-up: Hardywood Park, Legend, Starr Hill, Midnight Brewing, Devil’s Backbone, Dogfish Head, New Belgium, Sierra Nevada, Blue Mountain, Terrapin, and St. George.
- Screens ‘n’ Suds Inaugural Brew: Look out for a very special collaboration between Hardywood Park and Screens ‘n’ Suds. There will be a very small amount of limited edition, signed and numbered bottles available at the event.
- Screens ‘n’ Suds 2012 Fall Series for Sal
- In celebration of Screens ‘n’ Suds 4th year, the 2012 fall print edition theme will be “Quad.” In Suds terms, Quad is short for Quadrupel, a trappist style strong ale of great strength and flavor. The strongest of the four common trappist styles, the Quadrupel is generally a dark ale with big flavors of dark fruit. In Screens terms, artists explore the artistic world of “Quad” or “Four.”
- Tentative list of artists contributing to the series: Itty Bitty Press, aelhra, A Firebird Surrounded, Plastic Flame Press, Benjamin Chan, Branden Otto, Praxium Press, Jason Taylor, The Bungaloo, Horan/Andershock Collaboration, Ashley Phipps, Doe Eyed Design, with many more TBA.
- Approximately 10 artists from all over the country will be at Gallery5 displaying and selling art. Confirmed displaying artists include: Tripp, Itty Bitty Press, Ryan Kerrigan, with many more TBA.
- A silent auction and a raffle for gift certificates, prints, and other goodies during the event.
Events for Screen ‘n’ Suds
- Belgian beers, including Trappist, Abbey, and American-Brewed Belgian-style beers paired expertly with several mouth-watering courses prepared by TJ’s award-winning chefs
- Screens ‘n’ Suds prints and tees available for purchase benefitting charity
- Menu, beer pairings, and pricing will be available shortly.
- RSVPs are required.
Screens ‘n’ Suds Halloween Fan Bar Crawl, including a scavenger hunt for prizes, Wednesday 10/31 at 6pm, at several baris in Carytown and The Fan
Screens ’n’ Suds Fall 2012 Print Series preview and first tasting Thursday 11/1 from 4-9pm at Hardywood Park Brewery
Gallery5 First Friday Opening and Fall 2012 Print Series preview with beer from featured Virginia Breweries and screen print artists displaying and selling their art and merch Friday 11/2 7-10pm at Gallery5